Mammoth Mountain

Workout: 10M to Twin Lakes

                Had a fun time exploring on my run and discovered Twin Lakes! Saw a deer on the way, crossed a couple bridges, went through a tunnel, and ran along the side of the mountains! and along the dirt paths along towering Redwood trees! The couple that I am staying with took me and my mom on a gondola ride to the top of Mammoth Mountain, the highest summit in CA at 11,053' elevation. I watched as skiers and snowboarders zig zagged down the slopes, which surprisedly still has snow. This year has been the second highest recorded snowfall in Mammoth at 621’ to date.

I am feeling well at home here and I thank God for all that he has blessed me with. This life that I am living now feels so surreal. I remember reading about pro athletes training in Mammoth and thinking how awesome it would be, but I never imagined actually getting this opportunity! Now that I am here, I am going to make the most out of it, explore from the depths of the valleys to the highest mountain top, meet fun and exciting people, and learn from pro athletes on how to improve my training!




Comments

Popular Posts