100 Mile Week Completed!

Workout: 9 M on the Town Loop Trail

Nice finish to a 100 M week with an easy run. My easy runs are around 7:15 pace. I run them at a pace that feels comfortable without pushing myself or breathing hard. I tune into my body and slow down if my legs feel fatigued because easy runs are meant for recovery from long or hard runs. Today my legs felt great despite the hard long run yesterday. Over time, I think my body has been conditioned to recover quickly from hard workouts, and also good nutrition and rest plays a role in recovery.


After three weeks of training in Mammoth, I feel better acclimated to the high altitude and I'm glad that it wasn't as hard to acclimate as I thought. I can picture myself training here in Mammoth next summer as well. As I was drawing today, a man stopped to look at it and asked if I was going to become a tattoo artist. I simply laughed and politely said thank you, but no. I think that I am becoming good at drawing and I really enjoy it. I hope to one day have a collection of nice drawings and maybe see if I can display them at a restaurant or store because it truly brings me joy to share my creations with others. I also want to also put a short message or title along with each drawing because there is a story behind each drawing, that's what makes it so special. I ran out of paper though so I will have to buy some tomorrow.




Comments

Popular Posts