About Me

Workout: 13 M at Shady Rest Park

I have an older brother, older sister, and parents who are my hugest support in running and pharmacy school. But, it wasn't until the LA Marathon that they really saw my potential as a future Olympic Trials qualifier. My parents have always wanted me to focus on academics first and that is where I place my main focus. But, since I have the summers off from school, I can use that time to train all I want and run a race at the end of summer. During the school year, it is difficult balancing training with studying so I only run for fun and to maintain my fitness. Since I am the only runner in my family, I have sort of opened up the world of marathon running to them and it is exciting to share it with them. My hope is to inspire them, including my younger cousins and nephews, to see that hard work, dedication, and healthy lifestyle can go a long way to reaching your dreams.



As a freshman in High School, I began running cross country and track, and as Junior I ran my first half marathon race even though my longest run was only 9 M. After running that race, I felt like I still had energy and adrenaline to keep going and I really had a fun time. Soon after, I dreamed about one day running the Boston Marathon. I ran for two years at SJSU, then I decided to train to qualify for the Boston Marathon, which I qualified by about half an hour. Going into a race, my goal was simply to run faster than my last, but now it is to place among the top finishers. It is amazing how the body improves over time with practice. I look to the Chicago Marathon with excitement to see how all my training has prepared me and how I have grown as a runner. 

Comments

Popular Posts