Bear Sighting

Workout: 12 M to Twin Lakes

           On my third time running this route which is over 1,000' elevation gain in 3 M, I actually ran without stopping and at a faster pace. I felt great, my legs had a good turn over and my breathing took less effort than the other times I've ran this route. It might be because of the short run yesterday or I am finally getting used to high altitude, or both. This week, there is scheduled practice every day except for Monday so today I run on my own. Practice usually starts at 8 am, which is 2 hours later than when I start my runs. But, since the temperature here is cool about 50 degrees at 6 am, by 8 am it is still cool outside.

           I began drawing some pictures down by the creek and I plan on giving them away because I love to give people who I care about things that I make by hand; it makes the gift that much more special and it's fun to be creative!


              There was a bear sighting last night within half a mile from the house. I was told to keep food out of the car, not to walk around at night, stay on the main trails, and make loud noises to avoid surprising a bear. I also always hold onto my phone when I run, but there are areas that have no reception. During my runs, I pass by runners, bikers, and/or walkers, and I often run on the paved bike trails near houses and roads or main dirt trails, so I am not worried about bears but I always keep a look out.
 

Comments

Chi said…
Girl, don't beat up any bears!
Only if they attack me first! Lol

Popular Posts