Oh The Places I'll Go & The Things I'll See

Workout: 12 M at Mountain View Trail

I explored a new trail that I remember driving by one day. Usually bikers ride down this trail from Mammoth Mountain summit. Luckily, I didn't cross paths with any bikers coming my way. A good way to renew your passion for running is to explore a new trail and just run for the fun of it or run with friends. I came across a deer and two fawns and I just had to stop and say hello. I also saw bear paw prints on the street just across from The Crib. After admiring the many beautiful flowers at the front yard, I decided to make another little bouquet and throw out the old flowers from a week ago. Always surround yourself with positive people and things that brighten up your day and motivate you! This is especially important if you have a long time for your next race or there are other stressors in your life. After my run, I relaxed in the bath tub while watching part of the movie "100 Meters" which is based on a true story of a Spanish man with multiple sclerosis who trains for an Iron-Man. Inspirational movies are also great for keeping motivated! A hot bath is very relaxing for my body and muscles after a run, which is why I have been taking a hot bath every other day for about a week now.

A bear was here!














I started drawing another picture today outside at the Village Plaza while facing a nice pond and waterfall. A man carrying a large black book and backpack came up to me, complimented on my drawing, and as he opened up his book to a very detailed sketch of a dragon, said "I'm working on a coloring book for children." I thought that was a really cool thing to do, since many children can enjoy the art he creates. To my surprise, there was a free outdoor concert at the Plaza in the evening. I sat on a rock ledge and enjoyed the music, lights, and seeing families and groups of teens dancing together under the stars while I ate a banana nut bread from Starbucks (extra carbs for my long run tomorrow) and worked on my blog. I have been told that I have a centered focus no matter what environment I am in, which is one aspect that makes me a good marathon runner - concentration and focus are key to being in the zone during a race.

Free outdoor concert at the Village Plaza
Song "Cake by The Ocean" by DNCE

Comments

Popular Posts