OJ for Sale! And The Festival with Jenny

Workout: 10 M at Sierra Meadows

Sign says "Hidden Lake left, Enchanted Forrest right"


I explored the meadows that were filled with vibrant flowers and calm streams running through the tall grasses. I picked flowers along the way and came across a Hidden Lake and Enchanted Forest! This town amazes me with its precious treasures that take my breath away. Only God could have created such a place. The trail, marked by paw prints of deer and bears, took me to a ranch with horses. I stopped at the gym to take a look inside and I might come back to swim, attend one of the 20 fitness classes, or use the exercise equipment. Today I just have to take it easy and rest up for the 5K tomorrow.

Hidden Lake and Enchanted Forrest





Deer print (left) and mysterious print (right)




I sold fresh squeezed orange juice that I made yesterday and met some of the locals and people visiting. I told them that I was raising funds for training in Mammoth for the Chicago Marathon in hopes of qualifying for the Trials. With each donation, I gave a Thank You card and the website to my blog. I sat and drew pictures of animals as many people just glanced at the OJ sign and walked on by. One man's excuse for not wanting a cup was "Sorry, I'm watching my calorie intake." I remained positive and determined. Then, a little girl came by with her friends and grandmother and said with big eyes fixed on my drawing of a wolf "I really like that one!" I thanked her and then gave her the picture. The look on her face was as if she just opened up the greatest Christmas present. My heart just melted to see the joy in her face. The other kids complimented on my drawings too and I let them pick one to keep. The grandmother bought them all OJ and the little girl took a sip and said "Yum, this is so good!" Overall, I had a fun time and might do something like this again.

One of my 15 animal drawings 



That evening I went to a festival with Jenny Fletcher, model and professional triathlete, and I felt that we really bonded. As we listened to a Santana tribute band from the top of a balcony in the moonlight and shared kettle corn, she told me all about training for triathlons and her goal to compete in the Ironman. She introduced me to her friends, and mountain bikers in the Hall of Fame. She is fun, optimistic, and strong-willed. I look forward to continue getting to know her, but I only wish that she could be here longer than just the weekend.


View of the festival from the balcony

Comments

Popular Posts