Running Easy

Workout: 10 M on the Town Loop Trail

Running Easy

Running easy feels great!
It allows me to relax,
Take in all of my surroundings,
Listen to every sound,
Smell every scent,
And tune into my own rhythm
Of long buoyant strides,
And an orchestra of
Footsteps, heart beats, and breaths,
Restoring my body, mind, and spirit
To a state of complete fulfillment
And perfect happiness.

John Muir Trail

At the bakery, I met a group of guys, who just graduated from secondary school in England and said that they just completed the John Muir Trail (JMT) which ends in Yosemite. (I mentioned that I recognized their accents because I have seen Harry Potter, and they laughed.) The JMT is a trail in the Sierra Nevada mountain range in California passing through Yosemite, Kings Canyon, and Sequoia National Parks. It is 210 miles and the guys said it took them 3 1/2 weeks and that they ate a lot during their trip. They also said that they came across many other hikers. The records for completing the trail are 3 days 9 hours for men and 6 days 6 hours for women. The trail passes through some of the finest mountain scenery in the United States, making it an exciting and memorable experience. Someday when I'm not training for a marathon, I think it would be fun to get a group together and run/hike along the trail. I would first want to hike a 50 mile trail, then a 100 mile trail, and then attempt the JMT.




Comments

Popular Posts