Self-disciplined or Crazy?

Workout: 15.4 M Track Workout

Coach posted the track workout beforehand and it was only a 2 M warm up, alternating 200 m for 30 minutes (200 m sprint, 200 m jog, repeat), and 2 M cool down. So, I decided to wake up at 5 am to arrive early and log some miles before practice. I ran a 2 M warm up then 7 x 1000 m with 200 m rest in between; this was 8 M total. I finished in an hour, before anyone arrived, and told no one about my extra workout. I did the entire workout with the team, even the 2 M warm up even though my body was definitely warmed up, haha.

Track at Mammoth Lakes
Some may call me crazy but I think of it as dedication. When you know that you can push yourself to do more than what is required, you just have to discipline yourself. That is the secret to growing stronger, more confident, and improving your performance. I discipline my body to complete each (crazy) workout for the week with a predetermined pace and distance in mind because my eyes are set on qualifying for the Trials. Set a goal, commit to a training plan, be self-disciplined, and work hard each time. Training for the Trials may not sound easy or simple, but once you have practiced for years and have a solid routine that works, your body becomes conditioned to the workload and running becomes natural and more enjoyable! Be sure to set a goal that you would die for (not literally) and that you know you can achieve with practice. And share your goal and workouts with family or friends to keep you on track and motivated.

Comments

Popular Posts