Team Dinner & Team Bonding

Workout: 14 M in the morning, 4 M in the afternoon

I ran 14 miles to see the breathtaking waterfall at Twin Lakes. I took a nap in the afternoon, which is something I haven't been doing lately but  I was tired since I watched a movie late last night and had to do a second run later. Allow yourself time in the day for rest for your body to recover and be ready for your next run. In the afternoon, I made a run to the bakery (literally) to buy some rich chocolate truffles to share at the team potluck dinner. I also made a quinoa and brown rice veggie dish and chocolate protein cookies that tasted like graham crackers and were crunchy like a biscotti. I add very little sugar in sweets that I bake, and I was surprised that the team liked the cookies so much that there were only a few left over. After dinner, Deena's daughter asked to go run outside so Deena ran with her around the block and timed her. I'm surprised that Deena is already training her daughter at the age of six! I shared my drawings with the team. Being together with the team outside of practice is a great time for bonding and getting to know each other and you might be surprised to find out cool things you didn't know about your teammates or be able to talk with them about something they might be going through. My roommates asked me where I go during the day, and I was about to say "I'm a superhero and go out to save the day." I enjoy going out to draw somewhere at the bakery or coffee shop and not stay at the Crib because being in a different environment and meeting interesting people is fun. To me, having a good day involves going out and doing something that makes you happy or being with someone who makes you happy. Everyday make an attempt to have a good day! When your spirit is happy, you will perform well.


Comments

Popular Posts