Another Hidden Gem in Mammoth - Bakery

Workout: 12 M on the trails somewhere

I went on a run with a friend from the Mammoth Track Club who goes by the name "Rusty Tomato" on Strava. Nothing is more refreshing than running down a trail in the cool crisp morning toward the sunrise with pine trees all around, birds chirping, the sound of rushing water hitting the rocks, and taking it all in with a friend who appreciates nature and running just as much! When we ran uphill, my legs felt tired and I almost wanted to stop for a moment, but then I thought that if he can keep running then I can too. My legs have been feeling tired on Mondays, maybe because the fatigue from my long run on Saturday takes a couple days to feel. I am just glad that my legs are tired on a day when I don't run with the team.

Shea Schat's Bakery

I watched the solar eclipse then rode on the trolley to check out a few small stores to buy drawing paper. I showed the man at the cash register one of my almost finished drawings and he smiled and said "I know a good artist when I look at their art." Then he asked to see the finished product once I'm done. Maybe this little shop would be the perfect place to display my artwork. Later, I went to a cute little renaissance style bakery playing French music, and I bought four dark chocolate sea salt truffles that were only $1 altogether (usual cost is $12) because they were a day old but still tasted delicious! The employees were very friendly. I stayed and finished up my drawing as the big happy baker behind the sandwich deli made each customer laugh and it filled the small sunlit room with bliss. He even walked up to my table and gave me a cup of water. I will definitely come back to draw while enjoying chocolate truffles, French music, the view of pine trees and mountains, and the blissful ambience!

Comments

Popular Posts