Birthday Party & "No Doubt" Concert

Workout: 15 M at the Track

Spectacular sunrise at the track
I arrived early to do a workout before the team practice. I did a 2 mile warm up then 5 x 1000 m intervals with 200 m jog in between. With the team, I did a 2 mile warm up, 200 m on and 200 m off for half an hour, and 3.5 mile cool down. Practice went well, I was able to run at a consistent pace throughout the workout even though it was difficult sprinting because I don't use my fast twitch muscles much during my training runs. The workout that I did with the team today would be good to do in preparation for a race since it works on speed and I might repeat this workout closer to race day.



I went to the Village Plaza where there just happened to be a birthday celebration (a couple was celebrating their 100th birthday - the wife was turning 46 and the husband 54) and concert that was open to the public. The band was No Duh, which is a tribute band of No Doubt and it was so exciting and lively with lights of every color flashing, the singer and guitar players jumping up and down, people young and old dancing with their hands in the air, bubbles floating in the air, and the spectacular view of the night sky and full moon. My favorite song was "Hollaback Girl." I even danced a little. I also enjoyed the free food: crackers, cheese, salami, jam, grapes, and chocolate. It was the most fun that I've had at a concert! What an awesome birthday party.

Video I took of the "No Doubt" tribute band


Comments

Popular Posts