Positive Thinking

Workout: 14 M at the Meadows

Lake George
I ran a route through the meadows and my legs felt good running on the trails. It felt good to do a fun run during an easy week rather than a long hard run. I stopped at a garage sale and took a look around and met the friendly older couple living there. There are many friendly people here in Mammoth and also lots of dogs everywhere. The chocolate shop even sells dog biscuits. I had a delicious picnic lunch with crackers, baked bread, gourmet cheeses, fresh thinly cut meat, nuts, and jam from Bleu Marketplace and went to Lake George and walked around the lake. I listened to more live music at the Rock n Rye festival, which was relaxing and nice to hear, and I got to know Sarah Attar more. Sarah, who was volunteering at the event, is really grateful at the opportunity her country gave her to compete in the 2012 and 2016 olympics since she is one of the few runners in her country. Her goal is to get an olympic marathon trials qualifying time at her next marathon, which will require running 26 min faster. She seemed positive and hopeful that she can do it and Andrew Kastor is also working with her. I believe she can do it by the 2020 trials because I was able to improve my time by 31 min in two and a half years. I also spoke with Mo, who is feeling confident about being ready for the Chicago Marathon. His training has been going well and seeing him in good condition 5 weeks before race day makes me feel happy for him. I also feel in good spirits about racing in 5 weeks. I am just so thankful for God watching over me as I run, healing my ankle, and keeping me healthy and happy.

Comments

Popular Posts