Rock n Rye Music Festival

Workout: 11 M at the Town Loop Trail

Had a nice cool run this morning. My ankle felt sore during the first mile and as I continued running and increased my speed, it felt better. I feel that my ankle is slowly getting better. I volunteered for three hours at the registration booth for the Rock n Rye festival. Coach Andrew was in charge of the booth and got volunteers to help from the Mammoth Track Club. I spoke to Coach Andrew about my 22 mile run last Saturday and he said that the conversion to an equivalent sea level time is about 20-25 seconds faster. This gives me confidence about my training because the pace I run here in high altitude is actually pretty fast compared to running at sea level. After volunteering, I stayed and enjoyed listening to the live rock music. The guitar player of one of the bands, named Chris Pierce, played so well. The notes and lyrics seemed to come from his soul as he played with his eyes closed and a smile on his face. In between songs, he gave short speeches and spoke of how music can be used to heal, and it almost sounded as if he was preaching. Below is a video of him playing and telling his story of how he struggled through hardships, got arrested for the color of his skin, began losing his hearing in both ears, and how music was his healing. He says in the video that he received letters from people in jail, women giving birth, and people who have lost loved ones, all asking for him to play for them as a way of healing.

What are your thoughts on the power of music for healing? Do you have any examples of using music for healing in your life or someone you know?




Comments

Popular Posts