Shalane Flanagan & Playing The Piano

Workout: 11 M at the Track

Today's workout was: 2 mile warm up, 16 x 400 m with 1 min rest in between, and 5 mile cool down. I kept a consistent pace throughout and my legs felt great. For the first time since I've done the track practice, Coach Andrew Kastor ran the first 200 M of each of the intervals with us to pace us. During the cool down, I chatted with Rusty Tomato and another runner, and I also ran past Shalane Flanagan and Sarah Hall who were doing their warm up run. I smiled at them, but they weren't looking at my direction. I didn't want to say anything that would interrupt their focus, but just seeing Shalane made my day! Since I saw her run the 2012 Olympic Marathon on tv, I have looked up to her. She is training in Mammoth for the NYC Marathon in November. It was sad to say goodbye to Rusty Tomato, Deena Kastor, and my other friends on the team but I will see Deena in Chicago and I will keep in touch with Rusty Tomato. I also said goodbye to my friends at Starbucks. Over the next few days, my parents will be staying with me and I look forward to showing them around to all the cool places here.

"Mary Had A Little Lamb" - First time ever playing the piano!

I learned to play "Mary Had A Little Lamb," "London Bridges Falling Down," and "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" today on the piano by watching a video online. I always wanted to learn to play the piano because it is a beautiful sounding instrument and I've been told that I would be good at it since I have long fingers. A boy came up to me while I was playing and said "You play really well. Can you teach me how to play?" This made me laugh because I was just learning how to play! One day after I finish with school, I hope to take piano lessons. I remember seeing a piano at the hospital in San Jose and I think it would be great to be able to play songs for people staying at or visiting the hospital because they can really benefit from the soothing sound of the piano and it would feel good to bring happiness to their day.

Comments

Popular Posts