The Hot Springs, Open Mic Night, Bowling

Workout: 12 M at the Meadows

The run was great, the weather was perfect and cool, and I came across a little raft at Hidden Lake. I just had to ride on the little wooden raft using branches as oars. I sailed to the middle of the lake all the while a duck floated along, the cool breeze blew through the green leaves on the trees, and ripples became larger then disappeared. Thoughts of happiness, thankfulness, and admiration crossed my mind, along with hopefulness that the raft wouldn't sink. Having moments like these in the mornings is the best way to start the day and make it a good day.




Later, I went to the hot springs, which was just over a mile off a road in the middle of nothing but dirt, weeds, and cattle. After parking at the parking lot, I walked along a long wooden path that was raised just a foot above what seemed to be a dry water marsh. The water was in the hot spring was as warm as my bath so I stayed awhile, relaxed, talked with the friendly young and old couples there, and watched as a woman helped a big beautiful dragonfly out of the water with her hand. It fluttered on her hand, trying to dry off its wings, then gracefully flew off to a small patch of wild flowers. There was also a snake near the hot springs that seemed frightened at people poking it with a long stick as it slithered away.

Bowling Alley
I went to open mic night at Black Doubt Brewing, where I saw again the group of people who were at the hot springs. One woman who looked in her late twenties, saw me sitting and enjoying the music and asked me about myself. She seemed very kind and then invited me to go bowling with her sister and friends. Before she left, she gently squeezed my hand and said nothing but gave a sweet smile; I know just what she meant - "Take care, and keep on going. You'll do great." I went to the bowling alley which felt electric with a DJ, lights of every color sparking, and there was my friend, smiling at me as she gave me a hug and introduced me to her friends. I am just so thankful for the wonderful adventures and people that I come across. This place really does feel like home.






Open Mic night, Canadian woman playing the guitar


Comments

Popular Posts