Visit From My Parents!

Workout: 11 M on the Town Loop Trail

Beautiful rainbow yesterday evening
Since it rained a lot yesterday, I decided not to run on the dirt trails even though I really wanted to. My legs felt tight and sore from yesterday's track workout. My parents came to stay with me in Mammoth until Saturday. I took them to Lake Mary where we walked around the lake and saw Twin Lake Falls overlook (the view from the top of the waterfall). I enjoyed filling them in on my training here, the friendly people I met, the foods I've eaten, and the places and events I attended. They were amazed by everything they saw in Mammoth and what I shared with them, including how I picked up drawing and playing the piano. Then we visited an art gallery, which was someone's house, that had lots of one of a kind antique paintings, household items, jewelry, and items that were over 100 years old. The couple living there was friendly and told us a little history of when their little cabin-style home was built. Then, we went to the bakery and bought bread and got groceries from Vons. Eating dinner with them felt a little more like home! After dinner, we went for a short walk along a nice bike path through the pine trees and over bridges.

Comments

Popular Posts