Windy Long Run, the Hot Springs, & Campo Restaurant

Workout: 18 M around Town

The sunrise was actually behind me, this is the reflection
Today's run was windy and chilly in the low 40s. The wind made it difficult to run fast and even enjoy the run, but now that it's done I'm glad to say it was my last long run before the race. During the run, two loose dogs wagging their tails ran right up to me and the owner scared me by yelling loudly at them because they wanted to follow me. There was a gorgeous sunrise that reflected across to the opposite side of the sky. My parents went for a walk around the gorgeous Lake Mary when I was running.
We went to Wild Willy's hot springs and the hot water felt so good on my exhausted legs. On the drive there, I pointed out the track that I trained at. My parents especially enjoyed it since there are no hot springs near San Jose. Dragon flies flew all around as two little girls searched for tad poles and a little dog joined in the fun. The family that was there also lives in San Jose and the mother is also a school teacher like what my mom was. Then, we had a picnic lunch on a bench under a tree at Convict Lake, where the water was calm, a couple was fishing from the rocks nearby, a woman sat on a nearby bench talking to her dog, and people walked past with their dogs along the bike path. My dad treated us to dinner at Campo and the food was delicious and healthy! Then, we walked to get ice cream.

Comments

Popular Posts