Resolution Race! New Sponsors! Mission Trip! 2017 Running Stats! Winter Break in SJ!

Weekly Mileage: 90 (last week was 80 miles)

Resolution Run, Los Gatos, CA
Resolution Race 5 miles, Los Gatos - 1st overall female, 3rd overall finisher in 30:40. Good time for a hilly trail course and 90 mile week last week. Also, my mom ran it as her first race and longest run, I'm proud of her! Ran it with former cross country team mates Garrick, who won 1st place overall, and Alice, my best friend.

Winter break in San Jose was wonderful! I got to spend it with family and friends, from watching Christmas movies, making tamales, persimmon bread and cooking a new soup with my mom, going to Holiday parties, movie theater, restaurants and sipping hot cocoa at downtown Christmas in the Park, shopping, getting together with high school friends (who I haven't seen in years), relaxing in the hot tub under the stars, seeing the fire truck drive through my brother's neighborhood passing out Christmas presents to children, hiking, training, racing, and volunteering to help give away Christmas presents to families at Sacred Heart with Alice. Along my chilly sub-40 degree runs, I had encounters with a skunk, fox, opossum, deer, turkey, rabbits, squirrels, birds, cats, dogs, and some friendly people too. I accomplished my goal of increasing my weekly mileage to 90, and adding long runs and speed workouts.

Santa Fireman passing out Christmas presents
Felton, CA
Volunteering to pass out Christmas presents at Sacred Heart



Excited to be a part of the 2018 Elite Teams for Honey Stinger and Nuun! They will send me free training nutrition and gear in exchange for promotion!

The Crib in Mammoth Lakes will be hosting me again for the month of July! While I'm there, I will be doing an internship rotation at Vons Pharmacy - 240 hrs in 5 weeks!

Won a raffle for a partial sponsorship for a mission trip to Cuba! I will be leaving in August for 2 weeks! Very excited for this opportunity to apply pharmacy knowledge to help community members in need, grow personally and professionally, and form new relationships! I will provide healthcare education and assessment to the local community and schools, impacting 2,000 lives.

My running year 2017 stats. An impressive year of breaking personal records and entering into the world of professional marathon running -from running with Olympians like Deena Kastor and Alexi Pappas in Mammoth, to making a documentary and hosting a speaking event, and volunteering to pace half marathons. As this new year begins, I look forward to improving my performance through strict training and having the support of family, friends, and God. Along with focused study on finishing up 3rd year of pharmacy school, which is my last year of in-class study (4th year will be all pharmacy intern rotations). And I wish everyone a Happy New Year!











Comments

Popular Posts