Two Weeks till The Los Angeles Marathon!

Hard to believe there's only 2 more weeks until race day!

It’s time to trust the voice inside telling me to do what I know I can do. It's time to be relentless - a state of mind that can give you strength to keep going and be strong when others around you are not. It means craving the end result so intensely that the work is irrelevant, and you become unstoppable. 

       Teach the mind to train the body. Mental dominance is what ultimately makes you unstoppable. The minute your mind thinks “Done,” your instincts say “Next.” 
There will be live local television broadcast on KTLA channel 5 at 6:00 am on March 24th and live streaming of the race broadcast on www.KTLA.com (race starts at 6:45 am)

Run Through Redlands 10K race, March 3, 2019
(I am wearing the bright orange shoes)

      Glad to be feeling better from a virus that has been going around the hospital. It took 10 days, plenty of rest and good nutrition from Freshii. I customize meals from Freshii to be filled with plant-boosting nutrients like protein, healthy fats, carbs, and iron. Sometimes I'm in a rush and order over the phone and my food is ready by the time I arrive, within 10-15 minutes! When you fuel your body with good, wholesome foods without the added sugar, salt, oil, etc, your body gets lasting energy and a boost in brain function and physical performance, and within a week begins to crave healthier foods. Darrin, the franchise owner, has a wealth of knowledge when it comes to nutrition and can help put together a meal plan for your goals (lose weight, gain muscle, vegan diet, etc.). I believe that when your plans are written down and shared with others who will keep you accountable, you are so much more likely to achieve them!

       Precision in Movement is definitely my go to for recovery whether it's muscle soreness, injury, or just talking through little tweeks on how to improve my running form or efficiency. Pete, physical therapist, always takes the time to work with me and really figure out a solution. I came in a couple weeks ago with pain from my toes that turn inward when I run. He gave me some tips and analyzed my running form. Problem solved. Very thankful to have Pete!
      My next race after the L.A. Marathon is the Sendai International Half Marathon on May 12th. I am honored to be selected to represent the city of Riverside at this race! Sendai (Japan) hosts one male and one female runner from each of their nine sister-cities for their highly competitive half marathon. Riverside and Sendai have been sister cities since 1957, the second-oldest such relationship in the world. Sister Cities was started after WWII by President Eisenhower to help keep the peace between countries. The relationship grew from a kind gesture of nurses in the hospital in Japan that took Mothers Day cards to the US soldiers that were in the hospital to send home to their mothers. The sister-city runners are the honored guests of the city, they stay in the same hotel and eat meals together so I will get to make friends from around the world! Excited to visit Japan, explore, race, and make lasting memories! 

       Had a great night meeting the Sendai (Japan) Orange Club who will be hosting Julio and I as runners for the Sendai International Half Marathon on May 12th! We (Riverside International Relations Committee) spoke with them via Google Hangout; they knew some English but we had a translator to help who will be going with us on the trip too! They were very kind and happy to meet us!

      I also put together a fundraising page through Go Fund Me, your generous donation will go towards the cost of the trip to Sendai, Japan and running shoes. I greatly appreciate your support!
      Click here to donate: GoFundMe

      On March 17th at 6:30 am, join me at the Drayson Center, Loma Linda where I will be speaking about preparing for the L.A. Marathon and afterwards I be open to answering any questions you have about training, racing, nutrition, or anything in between! 




Comments

Popular Posts