Run a Race Before Your Race

Workout: 10 M at the track

I ran a 2 mile warm up, then the workout was: 1 mile, 1K, 800 m, 400 m. Then, I ran 6 miles on my own.  Since this week is my recovery week, I decided to run a shorter track workout. During the warm-up I tripped and rolled my ankle but it felt better as the workout went on. I will likely do an easy run tomorrow.

I contacted the race coordinator for the Exodus Challenge 10K which is on Sept 23rd in Rancho Cucamonga and I got a free race registration. I have found it helpful to run a 10K race two weeks before a marathon because it gets my mind and body into "race mode." I am looking forward to it! Mo said that he is going to run a half marathon a few weeks before the Chicago Marathon. Running either a 10K or half marathon two or three weeks before a marathon should prepare you well and also reveal your fitness level by comparing your past 10K or half marathon times. This way, if you run a good race, then it will boost your confidence for running the marathon.


Comments

Popular Posts